10.18.2010

New post in which I complain about not having a better title for my posts

There are a few problems with this whole blogging bit.

Number one being I don't put enough effort in to making creative blog entries which would captivate a reader or make them want to read more about the mundane happenings of my life.  Take for instance, the Beta Dad blog where he describes an outing his wife, his two twins, and himself journey to a beach house and have some fun times.  His description of the paintball outing he had was pretty amazing and creative as well as his description of the get-together his wife was having with her friends.

I find it against my nature to describe anything outside of sparse detail.  So instead I say, "Jasmine pooped on the floor and it smells."  In which someone else might say, "The smell wafting from the kitchen floor where the ferocious, furry cat left the malodorous pile of steaming dung."  Maybe I should make every post about poop then I could definitely have some great descriptive text.

So I can't really tell why I don't get in to writing descriptively but I'm pretty sure I'll never be a blogger who does more than anyone else on the internet who just posts things they find interesting with a few extra sentences or labels.

Number two, I'm sure there was a number two, wtf was it?  Ah, okay I remember.  This blogging thing can be a lot of work.  I find myself not really being able to do much else besides throw up the occasional silly article or paragraph of an update.  Most topics, I just don't feel all that strongly about or want to post on the internet so we can have a slap fight.

I'm sure there were more reasons but I just can't think of anymore.  Most likely I should just throw up pictures of Lucas and call it a day (I'll do it later).

2 comments:

  1. Add me to your email list damnit. And you just described everybody's blog save for the few exceptions that are actually popular. They probably have writers and agents and things and just pretend to be normal people. But who has time to write lots of pretty words? I mean honestly. Besides, your blog is my source for weird/interesting/funny information i wouldn't otherwise see. Such as when you should and shouldn't eat something you dropped on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well fine then, I'll get your email address from Ally and add you to the list.

    ReplyDelete